[arch-dev-public] New extra/unstable package: compat-wireless

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sat Apr 19 13:36:55 EDT 2008

I just built the compat-wireless package and I must say it's a cool
thing. It's a snapshot of the current wireless-testing tree with extra
patches added for compatibility to older kernels.

The modules are in the /lib/modules/VERSION/updates directory, which is
somehow magically preferred over the rest, and thus there is no conflict
with our stock modules.

I'd like to add this package to extra or unstable (preferably extra, as
the drivers may indeed be more stable than the stock ones).

Thomas - happy to have his wireless LED again.