[arch-dev-public] testing ->core/extra movement instructions?

Sun Apr 20 22:39:44 EDT 2008

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008, Aaron Griffin wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 12:10 PM, Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
>> Can someone give clear instructions on how to move things from testing
>>  to core and/or extra? I've done some packages a while ago, which were
>>  graphviz and glib2. Looking again, I see glib2 isn't moved at all and
>>  graphviz has been fixed up by some other dev last week. What's going on
>>  here?
>
> It should be exactly the same as it always ways, except instead of CVS
> tags, we're using "archrelease" and "svn rm" (or archrm, which does
> very little)
>
> In essence:
>   cd graphviz/trunk
>   archrelease extra-i686 (or run extrapkg to do this and the scp upload)
>   cd ../repos/
>   svn rm testing-i686
>
> Then you need to do the db-script side exactly as we always have done
> it: both db-testing and db-extra need to be run, with a package in
> $STAGING/add and one in $STAGING/del
>
> Pierre's testing2extra script should do all this - but I have not used
> it myself.
>
> Jan, did you attempt to do it manually, or use the script?

It doesn't seem to work:

PWD: ~/svnroot/bmpx/trunk
48 eric at Erix $ archrelease   extra-i686
UG   ../repos/extra-i686/PKGBUILD

property 'svnmerge-integrated' set on '../repos/extra-i686'

~/svnroot/bmpx ~/svnroot/bmpx/trunk
Sending        repos/extra-i686

Committed revision 547.
~/svnroot/bmpx/trunk