[arch-dev-public] Drop the unstable repository

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Mon Apr 21 13:19:53 EDT 2008

Aaron Griffin schrieb:
> On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Eric Belanger
> <belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>>  I don't mind wether we keep the rest in the unstable repo or move them in
>> extra. If we move them in extra, we could add "Developement version" at the
>> end of the package description to inform the user.
>
> I'm fine with this here, if you all want to do it. I've only ever used
> mplayer-svn once, and not for too long. /me shrugs

It seems Pierre is indifferent, Andy is fine with moving his -devel
packages to extra and Eric and Tobias didn't really give an opinion.

It seems like everyone is indifferent :) As for me, I don't think using
a separate repository for a handfull of -devel packages is necessary -
for some of those packages, the name "unstable" would keep users from
using them even if they're perfectly safe to use.

IMO, having "Development Version" in the description and a -devel in the
pkgname is enough (we should rename firefox3 to firefox-devel).

If I am the only one with a strong opinion on this one, I will make the
move next weekend or shortly after that, the unstable repository will be
empty then.