[arch-dev-public] proftpd status

Wed Apr 23 21:06:14 EDT 2008

I'm trying to fix the rc.d script of proftpd. The deamon seems to start
and work correctly as it ask for username/password but I always get a:
530 Login incorrect.
Login failed.

This only happens on x86_64. I get the same problem with the package
currently in extra.  As no one has complained and James confirmed that it
worked for him at the last bug squash day, I assume it is a
config/hardware issue but I simply can't put my finger on the problem.

Because of this and because I don't use the package anymore, it would be
better if someone else maintains it. Anyone interested? I have the updated
PKGBUILD and script.
If not we could:
a) move it to unsupported as we already have several ftp servers in extra
b) I would be willing to continue to maintain it but I'll need someone
    else to build/test/upload the x86_64 package as I can't test it.
c) this is the more cumbersome. I could continue to maintain and build for
    both arches but every update will go to testing first for signoffs.