[arch-dev-public] [signoff] libtool 2.2.2-1

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Wed Apr 30 12:57:09 EDT 2008

regression fixes we almost all had in our last pkg.

-Andy

EWS - list of user-visible changes between releases of GNU Libtool

New in 2.2.2: 2008-04-01: CVS version 2.2.1a, Libtool team:

* New features:

  - In compile mode, compiler output occurs in the user locale.  This
    feature has been present in 1.5.26 but not in 2.2.

* Changes in supported systems or compilers:

  - Initial shared library support for AmigaOS4 on powerpc.

* Bug fixes:

  - Fix 2.2 regression in libltdl that causes memory corruption upon
    repeated `lt_dlinit(); lt_dlexit()'.
  - Fix 2.2 regression in libltdl that skipped the dlopen loader if
    the system also supports other loaders (e.g., Cygwin, HP-UX).
  - Fix 2.2 regression in that `libtool --mode=execute CMD ARGS' does not
    transform ARGS that do not look like shell or C wrappers of libtool
    programs.
  - Fix 2.2 regression that kept cross-compiling to w32 from working.
  - Several testsuite issues have been fixed, thanks to user feedback.