[arch-dev-public] info pages

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Tue Aug 5 19:53:41 EDT 2008

Allan McRae wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just a heads up with something I have remembered while packaging with
> the new pacman release.  Including docs is the default in makepkg.conf
> now so if there is a large amount of documentation you will want to
> add a !docs to the PKGBUILD options.  Also, every package that needs
> the --mandir configure flag will probably need and --infodir one too.
> An annoying number of packages with info pages install a
> /usr/share/info/dir file so that will need removed at the end of the
> PKGBUILD.

I have discovered that at least one package has to have a
/usr/share/info/dir file or the info command complains that it is
missing.   It seems that ideally all packages with info directories
should add/remove entries in this file when installing/removing the
package, although calling "info <something not in dir file>" seems to
work, but I might be missing something....

The point is that adding info files properly involves an install file
with "install-info" commands for each info page in the package.  Isn't
including docs fun!

Allan