[arch-dev-public] [signoff] pacman 3.2.0

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 22:19:10 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 2:01 AM, Eric Belanger
<belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jul 2008, Dan McGee wrote:
>> Pacman 3.2.0 is in testing for i686. Please signoff. Changes outlined
>> here: http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=pacman.git;a=blob;f=NEWS
> When building mythbrowser, I noticed that makepkg now fails when there is an
> '?' in the sources, e.g.
> source=("http://www.mythtv.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=136&foo=/mythplugins-$pkgver.tar.bz2")
> Removing the double quotes and  escaping the characters doesn't work.
> The error message:
> ==> ERROR: There is no agent set up to handle  URLs. Check
> /etc/makepkg.conf.
>    Aborting...
> Not a showstopper as the source can be downloaded maunally in the build dir.
> I'll try to look into it further tomorrow.

So did we get any signoffs here? I am aware of a few regressions that
we have patches available for and will be fixed in a soon-to-come
3.2.1 release, but I don't believe either of them are absolute
1. The above makepkg ? URL regression.
2. local mirror behavior with display and trailing slashes.
3. The manpages were incorrectly built/included, although they should
be close to up to date, they simply include a git version number.
(d'oh! me again).

Anyone want to signoff?