[arch-dev-public] ncurses wide-char only testing

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sun Aug 10 06:51:16 EDT 2008

Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 4:23 AM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have set up a repo with an ncurses version that only has wide-charater
>> libraries and rebuilt as many packages as I knew needed a rebuild.  See
>> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/User:Allan/ncursesw for details and the
>> repo location.   There are about a dozen build failures that I haven't
>> looked into yet.
>>
>> I am using the packages now and have yet to find a problem so I would
>> appreciate some testing from others, especially people using other locales.
>>  Only word of caution is that I haven't used ldd on the kde packages yet so
>> there may be some rebuilds there that I don't know about.  Also I had to do
>> a version bump of util-linux-ng and a patchlevel bump on vi.
>>

> Just making this more visible. I can test this and all, but I'm
> sitting here in en_US mode, so it'd be appretiated if some people who
> use other locales, especially those that typically cause us issues
> (ru?) could test - this includes users as well.
>
> Let me know.

Giving this one final bump before I move the rebuilds to testing.  I
have had some reports from people with European locales that things are
working and some improvements have been noticed.

Anybody using Russian or Asian locales who can give this a test?
Contact me if x86_64 builds would be useful in testing and I can start
those builds now.

Thanks,
Allan