[arch-dev-public] [remove] oooqs2 (OpenOffice quickstarter)

Wed Aug 13 16:40:24 EDT 2008

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008, Hugo Doria wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 3:49 PM, Eric Belanger
> <belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>> That wiki page is old and not up-to-date. A lot of issues mentionned in it
>> are now moot.
>
> I clean up the page.
>
> Now almost all packages listed on there are still in [extra] or
> [core]. I think we can add some more packages to the list and begin
> working on it.
>
> -- Hugo

I still say forget that list. It has 2 major problems.
1. The suggestions to move a package in community when we don't even know
    if a TU is willing top adopt it are bad. The community repo doesn't
    need more orphaned packages.
2. If a dev is willing to maintain a package in extra, why should we force
    him to move his package to community/unsupported? For example, we
    are not moving the games to community. This was all discussed before.

If you want to work on a repo cleanup, ask for sysop privileges for
the wiki and update the orphaned packages list:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Repo_Cleanup

You can add a section for the old broken apps (kde3 apps that no longer
build, achessclock could go there too, perhaps the old games).

Eric

believed to be clean.