[arch-dev-public] Web based signoffs

Dusty Phillips buchuki at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 13:39:47 EDT 2008

2008/8/17 Thayer Williams <thayer at archlinux.org>:
> On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Dusty Phillips <buchuki at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Esteemed ArchLinux Developers,
>>
>> Partially because Aaron asked for it and thinks it is cool and
>> partially because all those [signoff] e-mails in my inbox are kind of
>> boring to me (as a non-packager), I have implemented a web based
>> signoff mechanism into archweb_dev.
>>
>> https://dev.archlinux.org/packages/signoffs/
>
> Nice work!  I think this is a great idea too.
>
> I only see one potential problem...what if someone accidentaly clicks
> signoff on the wrong package?  For instance, I didn't really test the
> cracklib, but I couldn't resist the urge to click it!

I can easily add 'unsignoff' functionality, but I'm not sure its
necessary; this isn't the general public we're talking about and an
e-mail to the maintainer saying "Ignore my signoff on package x" might
suffice.

But its up to you guys, its probably a matter of 10 minutes to add a
view for removing a signoff.

Dusty