[arch-dev-public] Web based signoffs

Sun Aug 17 15:48:44 EDT 2008

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008, Eduardo Romero wrote:

> On Sun, 2008-08-17 at 13:39 -0400, Dusty Phillips wrote:

>>> Nice work!  I think this is a great idea too.
>>>
>>> I only see one potential problem...what if someone accidentaly clicks
>>> signoff on the wrong package?  For instance, I didn't really test the
>>> cracklib, but I couldn't resist the urge to click it!
>>>

>> I can easily add 'unsignoff' functionality, but I'm not sure its
>> necessary; this isn't the general public we're talking about and an
>> e-mail to the maintainer saying "Ignore my signoff on package x" might
>> suffice.
>>
>> But its up to you guys, its probably a matter of 10 minutes to add a
>> view for removing a signoff.
>>
>> Dusty
> Well, that would be a great addition, and also, packages from core are
> the only ones supposed to be put through the signoff proccess. I know
> this one might be a bit harder to implement, maybe not.

We should keep the packages from extra on the list as it can always be
useful for packages like the servers or the kernel modules.  What would be
nice would be to seperate the core packages from the extra packages and
to have the core packages listed first as they are the ones
requiring signoffs. If it's too hard/impossible to do,  then keeping them
in alphabetical order is fine.

believed to be clean.