[arch-dev-public] Signoffs on simple version bumps (was: [signoff] man-pages 3.08-1)

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 12:58:32 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:
> too slow. now please signoff 3.08-1

New proposal here. For packages that meet the following criteria (this
was on-the-fly, I really don't think it needs to be set in stone):
1. Frequent releases (anything 2 weeks or quicker)
2. Little to no system impact if broken (initscripts would not fit the
bill, for instance, but man-pages are not critical)
3. Can be easily verified by the maintainer to be working

Can we skip the signoff procedure? The maintainer is of course free to
still ask for it, but it would keep our pipeline from getting
logjammed by stuff that really isn't in need of serious testing.

Maybe just have list of packages in core we agree can be moved without
signoffs, such as man-pages, tzdata, etc.

-Dan