[arch-dev-public] Wine association, waht should we do?

Jeff Mickey jeff at archlinux.org
Thu Aug 28 13:01:12 EDT 2008

Whoa.

I just want to make my opinion known that in NO WAY should we be
modifying packages so that if users turn on an AutoRun the package
doesn't run.  You turn on some kind of AutoRun feature, you deal with
the consequences.  Not to mention the OP in the bbs thread linked has
a use case that isn't normal for wine.  Not normal in the "I don't
want wine to run .exe' even though I just clicked on them" kinda way.

I'm amazed this is even a discussion.

    //  jeff
--
. : [ + carpe diem totus tuus + ] : .