[arch-dev-public] packages in core that don't build from PKGBUILD

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 21:19:01 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 7:17 PM, Andrea Scarpino <bash.lnx at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi ML,
> I'm trying to rebuild core repo with pacbuilder and I watched some
> packages doesn't rebuild from PKGBUILD
>
> packages list:
>
> cpio: make fail
> device-mapper: source tarball not found
> gcc: make fail
> gcc-libs: make fail
> iptables: make fail
> libldap: make fail
> libpcap: source tarball not found
> lvm2: source tarball not found
> ntfs-3g: source tarball not found
> popt: connection refused
> wpa_supplicant: require kernel<2.6.26   !!!
>

> for some of these the problem is easy to solve, the others I think
> need patch for gcc4.3

Yeah, we have a lot of "source not found" issues in extra too. I was
working on the source tarball generation script a little today, and am
going to configure it to dump to the ML when source is not found.

Just a quick question for ya though - what is pacbuilder? Is it an
automated build tool? If so, I think gcc and gcc-libs have odd
bootstrapping requirements when building. Perhaps Jan or Andy can
enlighten us a little?