[arch-dev-public] Integrity Check

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 08:45:51 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 6:30 PM, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) Results for core and extra
>
> $ ./check_packages.py --abs-tree=/var/abs --repos=core,extra
>

> 2) Results for community
>
> $ ./check_packages.py --abs-tree=/var/abs --repos=core,extra,community
> --exclude=core,extra

These two cases worked fine but I found a little problem when checking
the 3 repos together (--repos=core,extra,community)
The community/esmtp package was picked to satisfy the "smtp-server"
virtual dependency of extra/proxsmtp . So this caused a "repo
hierarchy" problem.
My new version will prefer dependencies that don't cause hierarchy problems.

Also you can see above that checking only the community repo was more
complicated. For checking the community repo, core and extra need to
be loaded as well because community packages can depend on packages in
core and extra. However, problems in core and extra should not be
displayed.
But since the script already knows about repo dependencies, it can
load core and extra automatically when community is asked, and only
display the results for community.
So the new version should be used like this :

Results for core and extra
$ ./check_packages.py --abs-tree=/var/abs --repos=core,extra

Results for community
$ ./check_packages.py --abs-tree=/var/abs --repos=community

Hopefully this is the last time I bother you with this, because no one
seems interested :)