[arch-dev-public] Code review: dbscripts

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sun Aug 31 04:49:23 EDT 2008

Aaron Griffin schrieb:
> So I made a handful of changes to the dbscripts, and wanted to get a
> quick review from people before I push them live.
>
> If you get a chance, please look over the recent patches here:
> http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=dbscripts.git;a=summary
>
> This include's Xavier's new-and-improved check_archlinux script too.
>
> Thanks,
> Aaron
> :wq

I didn't look at check_archlinux, as it's too long for me now:
http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=dbscripts.git;a=commit;h=909b017c08109bda405a3e38a59cbf26211e6683

Now my remarks on the rest:
http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=dbscripts.git;a=commitdiff;h=afc6b5b5977fe77e699af8f02f7c8c4c3df603de
The db-functions has not been added here, so I can't really check if it
is fine, the rest looks good though.

http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=dbscripts.git;a=commitdiff;h=06194a8691f50ffc9130795e16837496e13dd08f
There is a problem here: rm -f "$srcpath/${pkgname}-*-*${SRCEXT}"
If you run this with mplayer, this will not only remove old mplayer
packages, but also mplayer-plugin (think of more examples if you want).
That's the reason I am using the ugly getpkgname in the cleanup scripts
(or was using it, dunno if it is still there).

http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=dbscripts.git;a=commitdiff;h=e1ad729fd49c630eece0055ed996b382811a836c
This includes unstable and lacks community.

Couldn't see more problems now, but there probably are more.