[arch-dev-public] Cleaning up the base group

iphitus at iphitus.org iphitus at iphitus.org
Sun Aug 31 07:04:08 EDT 2008

On 8/29/08, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 5:27 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org>
> wrote:
>> - dialog
>> Nothing depends on it, why do we even need it in core?
>
> Don't we have tools in base which use dialog? The only ones I can
> think of are the installer and netcfg.

Can be set as an optdepends for netcfg, it's only needed for the menu
function which not many people use.

Same goes for wpa_supplicant and wireless tools - netcfg works
without, it just won't connect to wireless networks - only
ethernet/ppp (if ppp installed) -- though make sure they're on the
install cd.

James