[arch-dev-public] pkgstats and repo cleanup

Firmicus Firmicus at gmx.net
Mon Dec 1 07:42:25 EST 2008

Allan McRae a écrit :
> Hi devs,
>
> I have created a table of candidates for removal from the extra repo
> based on <1% usage in the pkgstats results.  I have gone through and
> flagged for keeping packages which are i18n, makedepends, or otherwise
> needed (in pacman testsuite, using on gerolde).  See the list here:
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/User:Allan/Extra_Repo_and_Pkgstats
>
> There is probably other categories of packages we should keep (e.g
> drivers) and there are some fonts which might be considered i18n
> related so can you all go through the list a cross out the ones to be
> kept and giving the reason.
>
> In a couple of weeks time I will remove all the orphaned packages
> remaining on that list and contact the maintainers of the rest so they
> can decide what to do with their packages.
>
> Cheers,
> Allan

Good work Allan.

The few packages I maintain in that list I will certainly move to
community.

But don't forget that we also have those two wiki pages:

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Package_Cleanup

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Repo_Cleanup

I think it would be a good idea to merge the above two pages to the
third one. We should not have 3+ pages devoted to one identical task.