[arch-dev-public] pkgstats and repo cleanup

Firmicus Firmicus at gmx.net
Mon Dec 1 11:15:31 EST 2008

Allan McRae a écrit :
> Firmicus wrote:
>> Allan McRae a écrit :
>>> Hi devs,
>>>
>>> I have created a table of candidates for removal from the extra repo
>>> based on <1% usage in the pkgstats results.  I have gone through and
>>> flagged for keeping packages which are i18n, makedepends, or
>>> otherwise needed (in pacman testsuite, using on gerolde).  See the
>>> list here:
>>> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/User:Allan/Extra_Repo_and_Pkgstats
>>>
>>> There is probably other categories of packages we should keep (e.g
>>> drivers) and there are some fonts which might be considered i18n
>>> related so can you all go through the list a cross out the ones to
>>> be kept and giving the reason.
>>>
>>> In a couple of weeks time I will remove all the orphaned packages
>>> remaining on that list and contact the maintainers of the rest so
>>> they can decide what to do with their packages.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Allan
>>>

>> Good work Allan.
>>
>> The few packages I maintain in that list I will certainly move to
>> community.
>>
>> But don't forget that we also have those two wiki pages:
>>
>> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Package_Cleanup
>>
>> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Repo_Cleanup
>>
>> I think it would be a good idea to merge the above two pages to the
>> third one. We should not have 3+ pages devoted to one identical task.

> I didn't know about those pages.  I will look into merging them at a
> later time.
>
> Allan

I did some preliminary work for you ;)

The page Package_Cleanup is now redirected to
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Repo_Cleanup

I have moved the content of the former to the latter and reorganized it
a bit.

I also added a link to your user page with a note that it should be
merged with the table based on pkgstats.

All devs should feel free to edit, comment, etc. Note that you need to
have sysop rights to edit DeveloperWiki pages.