[arch-dev-public] Grub splashimage

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 12:13:15 EST 2008

Just throwing this out there - I'm not really stating my opinion on
this, as I'm fairly neutral.

Considering grub development is basically dead (waiting for grub2),
what do you guys think about adding the splashimage patch to our
official grub? See grub-gfx in community. I have used it for ages on
my machine with no issues. It simply adds one config file variable.

As I said, I'm neutral on this. It kinda flies in the face of the
minimal patches idea, but grub is pretty much all patches these days.