[arch-dev-public] pkgstats and repo cleanup

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 21:45:45 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Firmicus <Firmicus at gmx.net> wrote:
> Dan McGee a écrit :
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Firmicus <Firmicus at gmx.net> wrote:
>>

>>> <...>
>>>
>>> The page Package_Cleanup is now redirected to
>>> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Repo_Cleanup
>>>
>>> I have moved the content of the former to the latter and reorganized it a
>>> bit.
>>>
>>> I also added a link to your user page with a note that it should be
>>> merged
>>> with the table based on pkgstats.
>>>
>>> All devs should feel free to edit, comment, etc. Note that you need to
>>> have
>>> sysop rights to edit DeveloperWiki pages.
>>>

>> Why can't users edit this (e.g. leave comments on packages)? This is
>> why I originally made this page NOT on the developer wiki...
>>
>> -Dan
>>

> Well, I thought this is what you guys actually wanted, since this is first
> and foremost an internal issue.
> I am personally quite neutral about this. One option could to have the Talk
> page editable by anyone (not sure it is possible). It is also possible to
> re-move the page to the unprotected area.

I think you are right on this being primarily a developer issue. I
just thought it might be useful for community members to help us with
some of the reasoning behind certain packages having to stay in extra,
or if things can definitely be dropped.

With that said, I'd much rather someone that has the motivation to
follow through with all this manage the page, so I'm not going to tell
you how to do your work since I don't really have the time for it
right now. :)

-Dan