[arch-dev-public] Grub splashimage

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Wed Dec 3 12:18:57 EST 2008

Am Mon, 1 Dec 2008 11:13:15 -0600
schrieb "Aaron Griffin" <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>:

> Just throwing this out there - I'm not really stating my opinion on
> this, as I'm fairly neutral.
>
> Considering grub development is basically dead (waiting for grub2),
> what do you guys think about adding the splashimage patch to our
> official grub? See grub-gfx in community. I have used it for ages on
> my machine with no issues. It simply adds one config file variable.
>
> As I said, I'm neutral on this. It kinda flies in the face of the
> minimal patches idea, but grub is pretty much all patches these days.

urgh. I wonder why especially you raise that question.

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Patching

It's an essential core package where "eyecandy" patching is a strict
NOGO to me. I see not one reason why it should be acceptable to break
our rules here.

So a big -1 from me here.

-Andy