[arch-dev-public] WICD, up for grabs

Eduardo Romero k3nsai at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 19:31:04 EST 2008

Well, I have updated wicd quite a few times already, since I was using
it to test something in my network. I had my few share of bugs opened
for wicd, but now, they are all closed, hopefully, closed and dead. But,
well, I have no more need for wicd, so, I am officially retiring from
maintaining it. Feel free to grab it, or do with the packages what you
want. To this point nobody has showed interest in taking it. So, let's
hope someone takes it and give it the care it should have.

I honestly have no means to test it to full capacity, so for half the
bugs I had to rely on what others told me. I send this email, because I
won't like it to be there sitting outdated and uncared for too much.

PS: I just upgraded it for the last time, to version 1.5.6, because it
seems to fix some problems.

Thanks,

Eduardo "kensai" Romero