[arch-dev-public] My Packages

Eric Bélanger belanger at ASTRO.UMontreal.CA
Mon Dec 8 14:55:09 EST 2008

On Mon, 1 Dec 2008, Aaron Griffin wrote:

> Hello all,
> I am a slacking package maintainer. Additionally, I'd love more time
> to focus on code projects, ISO releases, and general management type
> stuff to streamline the process for everyone else (as was done with
> the new db-scripts). Projects like the iso scripts, the installer,
> dbscripts, community backend, GPL source compliance (which I need to
> make live, btw), and all those niggling things that are there in the
> back of my mind.
> I just want to let you know that all my packages, except for a handful
> of core packages, are up for grabs if anyone wants them. I keep
> putting off rebuilds (x264, ffmpeg, hiemdal) simply because I don't
> have the time to do all of that at once. Any help would be
> appreciated.
> Cheers,
> Aaron

I could take:

Some of my packages depends on ffmpeg/x264 but I'm hesitant in picking
them up. I don't think I have time to maintain them especially if
everything has to be rebuilt everytime they are updated. It might be
better if someone else with more time/interest would pick them up. Unless
I get rid of some of my packages as well.