[arch-dev-public] My Packages

Eric Bélanger belanger at ASTRO.UMontreal.CA
Mon Dec 8 15:40:52 EST 2008

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, Aaron Griffin wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Eric Bélanger
> <belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>> On Mon, 1 Dec 2008, Aaron Griffin wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>> I am a slacking package maintainer. Additionally, I'd love more time
>>> to focus on code projects, ISO releases, and general management type
>>> stuff to streamline the process for everyone else (as was done with
>>> the new db-scripts). Projects like the iso scripts, the installer,
>>> dbscripts, community backend, GPL source compliance (which I need to
>>> make live, btw), and all those niggling things that are there in the
>>> back of my mind.
>>>
>>> I just want to let you know that all my packages, except for a handful
>>> of core packages, are up for grabs if anyone wants them. I keep
>>> putting off rebuilds (x264, ffmpeg, hiemdal) simply because I don't
>>> have the time to do all of that at once. Any help would be
>>> appreciated.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Aaron
>>>

>> I could take:
>>
>>  cowsay
>>  laptop-mode-tools
> _______________
> < They're yours >
> ---------------
>        \   ^__^
>         \  (oo)\_______
>            (__)\       )\/\
>                ||----w |
>                ||     ||

>> Some of my packages depends on ffmpeg/x264 but I'm hesitant in picking them
>> up. I don't think I have time to maintain them especially if everything has
>> to be rebuilt everytime they are updated. It might be better if someone else
>> with more time/interest would pick them up. Unless I get rid of some of my
>> packages as well.
>
> Yeah, I really want to upgrade these, but I don't have the time to
> devote to the rebuilds....

We should wait for the libpcap and heimdal rebuilds be pushed out of
testing before starting the ffmpeg/x264 one. Otherwise, it'll get messy as
xine-lib would be part of both ffmpeg/x264 and heimdal rebuilds.

believed to be clean.