[arch-dev-public] pkgstats and repo cleanup

Jason Chu jason at archlinux.org
Thu Dec 18 01:42:54 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 5:09 AM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 3:38 AM, Giovanni Scafora <linuxmania at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2008/12/15, Tom K <tom at archlinux.org>:
>>>  pacbuild is an official Arch project - is the AUR the right place for it?
>>
>> imho pacbuild should be in extra.
>
> Has anyone on the dev team used it? Or maintained it or hacked on it?
> I think we can hold it in a slightly different regard than other
> packages on this list, but it has a lot of things going against it,
> including seeing no love from any of us. In that respect, its a
> defunct project and we usually don't keep those around.
>
> -Dan

Hehehe... umm... I've used it, maintained it, and hacked on it.  I
started the damned project.  I've also not picked it up for quite some
time.  No time these days.  Plus I do less packaging myself.

The git repo is still hosted on project.archlinux.org but the package
itself isn't exactly production ready or really being used by anyone.

Jason