[arch-dev-public] replace man with man-db?

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Mon Dec 22 12:57:04 EST 2008

This was brought up a while ago:

There's a usable man-db pkg in AUR that could replace man in core after
some testing.

I haven't heard of many issues with localized man-pages. Reading around
Gentoo and Fedora still use "man" while Debian only provides "man-db".
There are many patches in the Fedora cvs to solve the claimed issues
with man. We have not one bug report for our "man" package.

What's your opinion? Should we stay with "man" and fix what will be
reported or satisfy the replacement request.

I'd like to stay with our man until we can't fix something.