[arch-dev-public] [signoff] libnl 1.1-1, iw 0.9.7-1, crda 0.9.5-1

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Mon Dec 29 17:11:32 EST 2008

With 2.6.28, the new wirless regulatory infrastructure is there. The
above packages are in extra (libnl) or testing (iw, crda). If we want
proper wireless support, we need these packages in core. It works like this:

- Install crda
- Uncomment the right country code in /etc/conf.d/wireless-regdom
- Add wireless-regdom to your rc.conf DAEMONS and run
/etc/rc.d/wireless-regdom start

The kernel will now know on which frequencies you are allowed to send.
Without this, you should only be able to access a small number of channels.

The cfg80211_regdom kernel module option will be removed in 2.6.29 and
should not be used anymore.