[arch-dev-public] [signoff] pcre 7.6-1

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Sun Feb 3 10:00:52 EST 2008

On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 19:48 +0200, Roman Kyrylych wrote:
> 2008/2/1, Eric Belanger <belanger at astro.umontreal.ca>:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > In testing for both arches. Please signoff.
> >
> > Regular update. Upstream changelog:
> > The main reason for having this release so soon after 7.5 is because it
> > fixes a potential buffer overflow problem in pcre_compile() when run in
> > UTF-8 mode. In addition, the CMake configuration files have been brought
> > up to date.
>
> It seems there is a hidden (no .so bump) ABI breakage:
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9437#comment24335

OK, bug fixed. I reverted the patch that causes 9437, it was a bugfix
for windows anyways.

I reported the problem upstream, and we'll see what it gets us. Either
our 7.6 package will be incompatible with future pcre releases, or they
will revert the patch in the next version also.

For people who recompiled software to work with pcre 7.6-1: they should
"downgrade" to the official versions, as pcre 7.6-2 is ABI compatible
with older versions.

signoff for x86_64 for 7.6-2.