[arch-dev-public] flex 2.5.34 - build x86_64 and signoff

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Tue Feb 5 17:26:37 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 15:31 -0500, Paul Mattal wrote:
> flex 2.5.34-1 is up for i686. I still haven't gotten myself going for
> x86_64 builds yet, so would appreciate someone doing that.
>
> Also a minor version update. Drops the patch that was previously needed,
> as it appears to have been integrated. Cleaned up the install slightly,
> put the lex shell script in a separate file.
>
> - P

Sorry, won't signoff:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1860773&group_id=97492&atid=618177

OpenOffice doesn't build anymore. It seems flex 2.5.34 can't generate
the correct C file for the included scan.l. When touching the file and
building flex with flex 2.5.33 installed, the resulting scan.c is
totally different than the plain scan.c included in the tarball. The
last comment states that flex is broken when touched again, which means
that flex can't build itself. How is it supposed to build other things
correctly if it can't process its own language file.