[arch-dev-public] Devs choice of filesystems (was: [signoff] xfsprogs 2.9.5)

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Sat Feb 9 05:17:20 EST 2008

On Sat, 2008-02-09 at 09:31 +0100, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Am Samstag, 9. Februar 2008 00:50:52 schrieb Dan McGee:
> > Let's get a quick poll going here.
>
> I use ext3, jfs and reiserfs on various systems. Well, I wanted to try xfs,
> but grub is not able to boot from it.

Grub can boot from XFS, it's just the fact that grub-install freezes
your filesystem when doing that on an XFS filesystem. Copying the files
by hand and installing grub by hand in the MBR should work (and be sure
to install in MBR, installing in /dev/sda1 instead of /dev/sda will
corrupt your XFS partition because XFS stores important data at that
place)