[arch-dev-public] Devs choice of filesystems (was: [signoff] xfsprogs 2.9.5)j

Jürgen Hötzel juergen at hoetzel.info
Sat Feb 9 06:30:22 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 05:50:52PM -0600, Dan McGee wrote:
> On Feb 8, 2008 4:41 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm sure we have devs that use XFS, right?
>
> I actually wonder what you guys do use. I'm guessing 75% of us use
> ext2/ext3. Let's get a quick poll going here. :)

I use ext3 on encrypted "/" using default attributes:
has_journal resize_inode dir_index filetype needs_recovery sparse_super large_file

I also use ext3 on "/boot" and "/tmp", because tmpfs crashed (although
size limited to half of memory) my box under high memory consumption.

ext3 is the most commonly used filesystem on Linux on thus well tested
in many not so common configurations (like DRBD).

Jürgen