[arch-dev-public] [signoff] e2fsprogs 1.40.5-2 and grub 0.97-10

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sun Feb 10 06:13:07 EST 2008

The request for e2fsprogs was there before, but not as a top-level post,
so I am re-posting it:

e2fsprogs 1.40.5-2:
- Changed default inode_size in /etc/mke2fs.conf from 256 back to 128.
This fixes backwards-compatibility with everything older. New behaviour
can still be achieved using the -I 128 command to mke2fs or by editing
mke2fs.conf

grub 0.97-10
- Added previously posted patch to support bigger inode size
- Removed the long obsolete /usr/share/grub -> /usr/lib/grub symlink

Please sign off on both.

I tested grub on x86_64 with my old inode size 128. To sign off, please
copy the necessary files from /usr/lib/grub/i386-pc to /boot/grub and
reinstall grub into the MBR (anything less is insufficient). Could
someone also test with inode size 256?