[arch-dev-public] libpng-1.2.24-3 in [testing]

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 10:20:44 EST 2008

On Feb 18, 2008 8:25 PM, Travis Willard <travis at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Hey all,

> version with the APNG patchset and stuck it into testing.  This
> patchset was introduced into mozilla for firefox3, and it looks pretty
> clean.
>
> Could people please give it a look and test it out to make sure it's
> ok?  I've run a few programs using libpng here and they all seem to
> still work as before.

I've built (but can't test just yet) a version of firefox3-b3 against
the new libpng. I still don't completely understand the whole Mozilla
build process, but it didn't complain this time when I told it to use
the system png library, so this should be built against Travis' new
library. Let me know if this works and I'll stick it in unstable and
try to get an x86_64 build as well.
http://dev.archlinux.org/~dan/firefox3-3.0b3-3-i686.pkg.tar.gz

Want to see APNG in action? Check out this site,
http://littlesvr.ca/apng/, and scroll down to "Sample images for APNG
0.10". You should see animation once the png library with apng support
is installed (at least with FF3, not sure about FF2).

-Dan