[arch-dev-public] [signoff] pacman 3.1.2

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 20:41:58 EST 2008

Looking for two signoffs each architecture, as I don't run this
package myself (pacman-git instead). But I promise it works. :P

-Dan

Upstream ChangeLog:
              - updates to proto.install, add ChangeLog.proto (FS#7231)
              - add 'force' option to packages, and have repo-add respect it
              - mark gensync and updatesync as deprecated
              - fix pacman -Qo behavior on symlinks (FS#9473)
              - fix segfault on a broken symlinks in backup code (FS#9235)
              - ensure filename is determined correctly for a pkg (FS#9547)
              - fix conflict progress bar with UTF-8 chars (FS#6437)
              - fix chk_fileconflicts brokenness, ensure it reads entire list
              - ensure -Sc operation locks DB, only checks DBs (FS#9609)
              - minor documentation and message updates
              - moved some translations to their more generic lang codes
              - allow scripts to be run without gettext installed
              - makepkg:
                - check to ensure we have non-URL sources (FS#9208)
                - ensure we strip binaries in /opt/ dirs (FS#9342)
                - check for VCS executable before using (FS#9230)
                - set sane umask before source extraction (FS#9242, FS#9362)