[arch-dev-public] [signoff] udev 118-2

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 14:43:15 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 01:18:38PM -0600, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> Idea #2:
>    $ mv /etc/udev/rules.d/00-load-blacklist.rules
> /etc/udev/rules.d/00-load-blacklist.rules.disabled
>    in /etc/rc.sysinit, add ". /lib/udev/mod-blacklist.sh" and "export
> BLACKLSIT MOD_AUTOLOAD" right before the udevd --daemon call
>    comment out the echo lines in the mod-blacklist script if you care
>
> Hopefully the environment vars that udev sees are also seen by scripts
> that it executes...

No, they apparently aren't :(
I liked this solution more, no need to use an udev rule for something that
just needs to be run once (and on every boot), but sadly, the load-modules
script doesn't see the vars.
So the boot was quick, but no autoloading was done.
I manually added "MOD_AUTOLOAD=yes" at the top of load-modules script, and it
worked. (obviously that's not a solution, it was just a check).