[arch-dev-public] Module blacklisting

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 05:12:51 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 07:06:04PM -0600, Dan McGee wrote:
> Aaron covered it most of the way, but I just wanted to make it clear
> that every time you plug in a USB device or make any other hardware
> chage, udev triggers. If I've added a blacklisted module since the
> last time I booted (which may have been 50 days ago), then I want it
> to not load, and any processing of udev-related stuff outside of the
> udev framework would mean the module I added would not be blacklisted.

I was also thinking about this. I am afraid Aaron's ideas #2 and #3 don't
take care of that, since they build the blacklist in rc.sysinit, right?

Do you suggest reverting to the previous load-modules.sh then, which built
the blacklist every time? It doesn't sound very efficient, but how is it
possible to get the behavior you are describing otherwise?

http://cvs.archlinux.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/base/udev/load-modules.sh.diff?r1=1.9&r2=1.10&cvsroot=Core