[arch-dev-public] Module blacklisting

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 12:30:02 EST 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 11:15 AM, Daniel Isenmann
<daniel.isenmann at gmx.de> wrote:
> I'm a little bit confused right now. How can I blacklist modules. I
>  have test both, MOD_BLACKLIST=(...) and MODULES=(!...), but both don't
>  work. udev loads every module which can be loaded. For example I
>  blacklist nvidiafb, but udev loads it. Packages are up2date with
>  testing repo.
>
>  Can someone please explain it or the status is on this topic?

The status is that I haven't gotten a concise answer. On this. For the
time being, I think we should do the following:

a) Rebuild udev 118 with start_udev in there, for the people who keep
their systems in some goofy limbo state by only updating singular
packages at a time
b) Switch to the udev 116 way of module loading
c) Remove framebuffer module loading from the load-modules script (it
should never have been there in the first place).

Anything wrong with doing it this way?