[arch-dev-public] FHS manpages (was: [signoff] iptables 1.4.0-1)

Thu Feb 28 15:33:17 EST 2008

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Dan McGee wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 1:54 PM, Eric Belanger
> <belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

>> > anyone for x86_64?
>> >

>>  Man pages are not FSH compliant. No signoff from me.
>
> Do we have a namcap check for this yet? If not, the 'usr/man' part
> could be removed from directoryname.py and at least that check would
> then point out files in non-standard dirs.
>
> -Dan

I usually run tar -tzvf on the packages after building them.  That way, I
can see where the files will be installed. It also useful, in this case,
for checking where the man pages were placed. It would be good idea to fix
namcap to have usr/man listed as a non-standard dir as you said.

Eric
believed to be clean.