[arch-dev-public] [arch-commits] CVS update of extra/x11/xorg-server (PKGBUILD xorg-server.install)

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 16:39:33 EST 2008

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 03:02:43PM +0100, Jan de Groot wrote:
> Yes, this should be reverted. This new methods makes configuration
> inflexible, and adds some other disadvantages:
> - all keyboards have the same layout, no way to set an individual
> keyboard layout

Is that really the case?
I just felt on that post on bbs :
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=336100#p336100
Looks like you can specify your keyboard, at least with the info.product
string. Maybe there are other fields to make the distinction between two
identical keyboards, but well I fail to see when someone would want to do
that anyway :)