[arch-dev-public] moving stuff into extra
ganja.guru.x64 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 13:20:13 EST 2008
I'd like to bring the following packages into extra in the near future and
maintain them.. Please let me know if you have any objections
- smplayer / smplayer-themes - qt4 based frontend for mplayer <will move to
testing first, of course)
- transmission - nice simple bittorrent client
- miro - very actively developed web tv viewer
- gspcav1 - webcam kernel module for many webcams out there.
- dvdbackup - only tool which seems to be able to copy exact uncompressed
dvd structure without hassles
- showimg - very nice qt based image viewer, great for fullscreen slideshows
with mouse wheel control
FYI, all these packages are in community now, and have received quite a good
number of votes.
A question about 'pulseaudio' ... the trend seems to be some major
distributions (Fedora and Ubuntu) are adopting pulseaudio as default sound
server, any idea why? Its in community right now too. Is anyone using this
as their sound server right now? Can you share your experiences with it ? If
it is clearly superior to the alternatives, then it should be in extra too.
If its still in its infancy, then let it remain in community. I'll test it
too and get back
More info about pulseaudio:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the arch-dev-public