[arch-dev-public] Updated perl 5.10.0

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 21:56:19 EST 2008

On Jan 2, 2008 8:10 PM, K. Piche <kpiche at rogers.com> wrote:
> > > Seems that there's a symbol that used to be in some perl lib but isn't
> > > anymore (Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr).
> > >
> > > I can create a bug if need be.
> >
> > Same issue for urxvt:
> > http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9075
> >
> > -Dan
>
> Yeah, it's cause of the move to perl 5.10.0.  I had the same symbol
> problem with perlxml - a rebuild will fix it.  Adding urxvt to the list.

Thanks for the good work here! Urxvt working fine now, and running
perl 5.10.0. If all is well I'll give it a signoff in a couple of
days.

Can you perhaps point the rest of us in the right direction as to what
we need to do to packages to make them comply with the new perl
policy? That wiki page looks good (not sure how recent it has been
updated), but is there an easy trick to get modules to install in the
vendor directory? I know I have a few packages that install stuff into
site_perl instead of vendor_perl, and I'm sure others do as well.

-Dan