[arch-dev-public] moving stuff into extra

Damir Perisa damir.perisa at solnet.ch
Thu Jan 3 03:17:05 EST 2008

Thursday 03 January 2008, Varun Acharya wrote:
 | Oh one more to add to the list, I'd like to move handbrake from
 | AUR to extra. I've tried other software (acidrip,dvdrip,k9copy and
 | many more), but this is the only one which is stable and fast.
 | Sorry for the omission.

handbrake is in unsupported now, right? it has 3 pkgs. a colleague
needed something like this but we were not able to make it built
nicely and work without segfaulting.

Location
Category
Name
Votes
Voted
Description
Maintainer
1  unsupported  multimedia  handbrake 0.9.1-2     31     HandBrake is
a GPL'd multiplatform, multithreaded DVD to MPEG-4 ripper/converter
sebcactus
1  unsupported  multimedia  handbrake-bin 0.9.1-2     11     HandBrake
is a GPL'd multiplatform, multithreaded DVD to MPEG-4
ripper/converter  sebcactus
1  unsupported  multimedia  handbrakegtk 1.0.1-1     3     A GTK
frontend for the Handbrake CLI (AKA RippedWire)  Zer0

do not import it to [extra] untill it is one pkg that works, but i'm
sure you will not anyway, since you use it yourself?

conditional +1 for this one: make it work for first. (i didn't try it
myself, dont have a dvd drive, maybe it _does_ work, but i heard 2
stories about how it fails building for x86_64 and segfaulting)

good luck,

Damir

--
                  <º)))><