[arch-dev-public] New package group in extra: fprint

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Tue Jan 8 03:57:30 EST 2008

Aaron Griffin schrieb:
> Now, I don't want to be rude or anything, and this specific set of
> packages are for hardware support, so odds are no one would disagree
> with them - but while you were away we agreed to discuss packages that
> go into extra beforehand.

I sort of missed that, but I will remember it. And I agree that nobody
will object to hardware support.

The situation could have been worse though: I could have pulled a
completely useless package without asking first.

> But going forward, could we at least get some time to look into these
> things before they're moved to extra

What is the rule here?
- Ask and wait a few days until someone objects
or
- Ask and wait until someone agrees.
The latter case would slow us down considerably, because often nobody
even replies.