[arch-dev-public] [signoff] libgpg-error 1.6-1 + libgcrypt-1.4.0-1

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 10:40:38 EST 2008

On Jan 8, 2008 9:22 AM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> <http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9114>
>
> So...we have some issues here, and this got moved to core. I wanted to
> surprised to see not a single signoff for i686. Why on earth did this
> get moved out of testing?
>
> Usually I don't like to point fingers at a single person, but we had a
> clear breakdown of policy here, and its hard to spread the blame.

Thanks for pointing this out Dan. It is true. We didn't have any
signoffs here for i686. I brought up the topic of testing, but do not
actually use any of the encryption and pgp type stuff, so wouldn't
even know where to begin.

This little testing policy was put in place for a reason. Not to make
people's lives harder, but, in fact to make them easier. Less errors
are a good thing. And the first time we let our policy collapse, we
have (according to that bug report) at least 3 packages crashing due
to this update that was pushed to core inappropriately.

Andy, next time please be more careful. Now we have to mop up a mess
created by being too hasty.

So, do we rollback the libgcrypt in core, or do we wait? Jan, you
appear to have done some investigation - could you fill us in?