[arch-dev-public] New extra package: gnucash

eliott eliott at cactuswax.net
Wed Jan 9 12:08:21 EST 2008

On 1/9/08, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 9, 2008 10:54 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Aaron,
> >
> > I am the current maintainer of the gnucash package in AUR.  I was
> > wondering, if it is being pulled into extra, would you become the new
> > maintainer?  Also, i would like to warn you about a couple of things:
>
> Yes, but I'm more than willing to work with you as I don't use gnucash
> as much as some of the online financial utilities, but it depends on
> goffice, and I already maintain gnumeric because goffice is such a
> pain in the ass.
>
> I also feel that gnucash is a worthy package to be supported by Arch
> in the official repos, so that's part of the rationale here. I also
> feel like I would use it more were it a package I was responsible for
> (so there's a subtle selfish reason in here, heh)
>
> > 1. gnucash depends on slib, which is in community currently
> > 3. gnucash depends on aqbanking which is also in community (and which
> > we are also currently having runtime problems with)
>
> Ah good catch, I was not aware of these two deps not being in extra. Silly me.
>
> So guys: adding gnucash to extra would pull in these two deps. Is this
> still acceptable?

As apposed to the normal tack of not saying anything when I have no
negative feedback, I am going to try yielding some affirmative
feedback more regularly.

So here it is.
I have no problem with pulling in those deps to get gnucash into the
repos. gnucash seems like something quite a few people would use, even
if I don't.