[arch-dev-public] Mozilla status

Alexander Baldeck kth5 at archlinuxppc.org
Mon Jan 21 09:17:26 EST 2008

Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Jan 18, 2008 9:28 AM, Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
>> BTW: How do we handle the mozilla /usr move, is it done yet, or do we still
>> have a big mess (AFAIK half of mozilla was moved to extra on i686 while it's
>> still in testing for amd64 :X)
>
> According to the list here: https://dev.archlinux.org/todo/44/ the
> recompiles are complete.

Yes, but something about the flashplugin was odd. I rebuilt it but due
to a static - not version dependend - release repository at Adobe, I
wasn't able to build a version that works with non-gtk ie. non-gecko
browsers. So, I would say for as long as flashplugin cannot be moved
down to extra, all geckos must stay in testing. Then again, I don't know
if its maintainer was able to roll it back...

> Any reason we can't move these to [extra]? Jan, you mentioned that
> some packages were moved to extra already, do you know which ones?

Thunderbird has already been moved to /usr in extra as there are no
binary plugins in our repos as far as I know.

> If I get no objections, I'd like to push these packages to extra tonight.

I'll push them as soon as I get a sign-off for all the xulrunner packages.

Cheers,

Alex