[arch-dev-public] [signoff] automake 1.10.1-1
a.radke at arcor.de
Sun Jan 27 17:41:11 EST 2008
in testing for both architectures. please signoff. please test it
New in 1.10.1:
- Automake development is done in a git repository on Savannah now,
A read-only CVS mirror is provided at
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at pserver.git.sv.gnu.org:/automake.git \
checkout -d automake HEAD
- "make dist" can now create lzma-compressed tarballs.
- `automake --add-missing' will by default install the GPLv3 file as
COPYING if it is missing. Note that Automake will never overwrite
an existing COPYING file, even when the `--force-missing' option is
used. Further note that Automake 1.10.1 is still licensed under
- Libtool generic flags are now passed to the install and uninstall
modes as well.
- Files with extension .sx are also treated as preprocessed assembler.
- install-sh now has an BSD-like option `-C' to preserve modification
times of unchanged files upon installation.
Bugs fixed in 1.10.1:
* Long standing bugs:
- Fix aix dependency tracking for libtool objects.
- The signal handling of aclocal has been improved.
- Targets beginning with a digit are now recognized correctly.
- All directories `.libs'/`_libs' used by libtool are cleaned now,
not only those in which libraries are built.
* Bugs introduced by 1.10:
- Fix output of dummy dependency files in presence of post-processed
Makefile.in's again, but also cope with long lines.
- $(EXEEXT) is automatically appended to filenames of XFAIL_TESTS
that have been declared as programs in the same Makefile.
This is for consistency with the analogous change to TESTS in 1.10.
- The autoconf version check implemented by aclocal in aclocal.m4
(and new in Automake 1.10) is degraded to a warning. This helps
in the common case where the Autoconf versions used are compatible.
- Fix order of standard includes to again be `-I. -I$(srcdir)',
followed by directories containing config headers.
More information about the arch-dev-public