[arch-dev-public] Explicit listing of dependencies in the base group

Travis Willard travis at archlinux.org
Mon Jan 28 14:21:55 EST 2008

I think we've been over this before, but I forget what was decided.

Should we, or should we not, be explicitly listing deps such as
ncurses, openssl, readline, and so on?  These are all in base, and
namcap seems to think it's not necessary.

I personally disagree with namcap here - I think any link-time
dependencies of a particular app should be explicitly listed, but
that's me.

Did we decide something here?  Am I just clueless that I can't find it
in the archives?