[arch-dev-public] repo cleanup: step 2

Wed Jan 30 01:55:13 EST 2008

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Aaron Griffin wrote:

> Thanks Eric,
> Just one quick thing:
>
> On Jan 30, 2008 12:08 AM, Eric Belanger <belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>> mailx (Aaron: adopt it if you still want it)
>
> You need to orphan it first. The interface doesn't allow people to
> steal packages from people 8)

I wasn't aware about that. It's orphaned now.

I have 2 additionnal comments:

1- I would like to remind everyone that after adding a package in the
repo, don't forget to adopt it in the dashboard. Several packages are
being orphaned because of that.

2- Several packages that were previously owned are now orphaned: azureus,
centerim, opera, etc. Where they orphaned by mistake? If not, in the
future, could everyone post a quick note on the ML when a package is being
orphaned? That way, everyone will be informed and a new maintainer will be
found more quickly or at least we'll be able to manage these orphans more
appropriately. Otherwise, we'll wake up one day with dozens of orphans
like was the situation before the cleanup.

Eric

believed to be clean.